Today, North Shore Animal League America is launching their newest innovative campaign, #GetYourRescueOn. Celebrities such as Taryn Manning (“Orange Is the New Black“), Edie Falco (“Nurse Jackie,” “Sopranos”) and Beth Stern have already taken part in helping to save animals lives.
North Shore Animal League America is the world’s largest no-kill animal recue and adoption organization. Open since 1944, the organization has saved the lives of over 1,000,000 cats, dogs, kittens and puppies.
Located in Port Washington, New York, the shelter is not only a facility for animal rescue and adoption; it is also a leading advocate for the no-kill movement, which emphasizes rehabilitating animals instead of euthanizing them. The center continues to innovate in how to best care for animals in hopes of creating a more sustainable future for all pets.
With some great accomplishments already under their belt, North Shore Animal League America is ready to save even more animals’ lives with their newest campaign, #GetYourRescueOn.
By donating $25 to North Shore Animal League America, supporters will receive a rescue cuff. Supporters are then encouraged to share a picture showcasing the bracelet and their own animals on various social media sites, such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, while including the hashtag #GetYourRescueOn.
By getting their rescue on, supporters of the shelter can promote the important cause and further the impact they have on the animals’ lives. Through #GetYourRescueOn, people can share the message that homeless pets deserve the chance to become loving pets.
Of course, all of the proceeds from the $25 cuffs will go directly to Animal League America’s mission: Rescue. Nurture. Adopt and Educate.
The Rescue cuff bracelet is available at www.GetYourRescueOn.org
By donating and receiving a cuff, you are helping spread the critical message that adopting shelter pets is the best choice when it comes to adding a new pet to your family.
Step 1: Log on and donate $25 to get your own rescue cuff at GetYourRescueOn.org (where all proceeds go to North Shore Animal League America)
Step 2: Say cheese! Take a picture with your adopted animal or animal, while showing off your new rescue cuff. Just like in all the pictures you see here in this article! It’s really easy.
Step 3: Share! Post your photo on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, tagged with #GetYourRescueOn
“To put an end to animal cruelty and euthanasia and to create a world in which all companion animals find compassionate, permanent homes.”
The incredible organization has attracted a slew of supporters, including some notable celebrities, such as:
- Beth Stern: Beth is the wife of popular radio personality Howard Stern. She has taken on the role of spokesperson for the Animal league. Beth, clearly an animal lover, has adopted numerous pets from the shelter, including Apple, Walter, Leon Bear, Charlie Boy, Bella and Yoda. In addition, she has made numerous televised appearances promoting the organization and even ran a 26.2-mile marathon to save animals’ lives.
- Taryn Manning: The star of the Netflix hit series Orange is the New Black recently visited the North Shore Animal League America shelter and ended up falling in love and taking home a precious black cat named Thunderbird.
- Tyra Banks: Tyra Banks is a well-known supermodel and driving force behind numerous Television shows, including America’s Next Top Model. She featured the North Shore shelter on her reality TV show True Beauty. On the show, contestants were able to show their compassionate side by helping prepare numerous of the pets at the shelter for adoption. The star also featured the segment on her TV talk show Tyra, giving further publicity to the great cause.
- Martha Stewart: Martha Stewart is a successful businesswoman, writer, TV star, who has established her own lifestyle brand. In 2010, Martha Stewart teamed up with numerous shelters, including North Shore Animal League America, and embarked on the “Purina ONE Tour for Heroes,” where they encouraged people to be “heroes” in the lives of shelter animals. The final stop of the tour was actually held at the North Shore shelter in New York.
- Billy Joel: Billy Joel is a legendary pianist, singer and composer, who became known for his hit song “Piano Man.” In 2014, Billy teamed up with Howard and Beth Stern to raise money for NSALA. The singer put on a “birthday concert,” where all the proceeds went to the Animal League. In addition, Billy hosted a mobile unit that allowed fans to adopt some of the shelter’s animals that desperately needed a forever home.