I’ve recently dabbled in the world of one day fantasy football. I even played a little NBA action as a test of the one day concept. I have to say that I’ve enjoyed the experience more than the traditional season long leagues I have played in for years now. I have a feeling that these weekly leagues will be taking over the longer versions of fantasy sports. Here are ten reasons why.
10.You don’t have to be a football guru to win money on these sites like FanDuel. If you are good with stats and numbers in general, you could win money by dominating guys who know much more about the actual sport than you.
- Most of these fantasy one day deals let you have multiple entries. That means you can test out many different lineups to see what works best.
- Injuries and suspensions can wreck a fantasy team in the year long format. One day leagues let you get another team the next week that is not full of ACL tears, concussions, and suspended wife beaters.
- You don’t have to bet huge dollars to win a pile of cash. Two dollars can get you in some fantasy tournaments that pay out thousands.
- New sites are coming along each week to take advantage of the new one day trend. That means more fun options for us as players.
- Season long leagues require a lot of commitment. If you don’t stick with it, the rest of the league is pissed as you let your lineup just sit unattended each week.
- There are several different formats in these one day fantasy football leagues. You can play in a huge crowd of thousands or go head to head with just one guy.
- People with short attention spans will find one day or one week leagues easy to stick with. That means most Americans who have a smart phone in one hand, a tablet in the other, and the TV blaring in the background.
- You can win consistent money on sites like FanDuel and DraftKings. I am talking big money if you really know what you’re doing.
- When your team sucks, you are not stuck with them for a whole year. You get a chance to redeem yourself a few days later with a better draft.