Last weekend was big win for not only the underdogs in UFC Fight Night 61 in Brazil, but also for the guys and gals willing to throw a few dollars on these fighters. Ten out of the eleven bouts on this card were won by the underdog. The odds of that happening are pretty astounding, but for those who didn’t mind risking just a few dollars, betting on longshots paid off in a big way.
The parlay bettors are the ones who really cleaned up. These types of bets are difficult for the average guy to win with, but when luck strikes it’s like hitting a lottery ticket. Online sportsbook Bovada.LV lost nearly a million dollars due to this volatile card in Brazil! Clearly things don’t bounce like that every day, but if you’re feeling lucky then the UFC is the place to win big by betting on the dogs. Why the UFC? Here are five reasons.’
- More and more new fighters are coming onboard each year. Their skill sets are advancing faster than those of some of the veterans, so a well timed bet on a rookie could pay off handsomely.
- If you only have to risk a few bucks to hit big, why not place these bets on the UFC. This sport is as exciting and unpredictable as any. That’s not a recipe for success when betting on historical trends, but it is when wagering on rare events to happen.
- It only takes one fight for a great fighter to go downhill. He or she can look invincible then turn into an also-ran seemingly overnight. Guessing the right time to bet against the impressive veteran is the key.
- There are so many ways for an MMA bout to end that it makes these contests more unpredictable than other sporting events, even boxing. A fight can end with a KO, submission, a strange injury, or even a bad decision by judges who don’t know what they’re doing.
- A fight can end at any moment. It can be lights out due to a KO with a punch, kick, elbow, or knee. The favored fighter is not immune to a lucky strike from a lesser fighter.