We just posted our recap review of “Fear the Walking Dead,” so now it’s time to put our Season 5 mega massive “The Walking Dead” prize giveaway that began last night on our Twitter and Instagram accounts. We mentioned this sweet prize valued at over $800 yesterday in another Walking Dead article, and now we’re letting you know all the details and everything that go with it. “The Walking Dead” blu-ray/dvd box set of Season 5 hits tomorrow, and you can order it here. We want to thank our friends at Anchor Bay Entertainment and AMC for helping make this prize pack happen.
But first, check out another great feature that comes with the Season 5 box set called ‘Beth’s Journey.’ This will remind you of that gut wrenching episode 508 where just when the group finds Beth (Emily Kinney), Dawn screws everything up by throwing a monkey wrench in the plan. If you’ve not seen this season yet, I won’t say any more, but this is one of the biggest emotional episodes in a season full of them. Who would think a show about zombies would make you tear up so much? Even Andrew Lincoln starts to tear up talking about that scene in the video.
The Walking Dead Massive Prize Pack Giveaway:
Everything is explained in great detail of what’s included in The Walking Dead Massive prize pack giveaway along with two items being autographed that only the winner will know about. Don’t worry, these aren’t the second unit crew’s autograph’s either. These are stars of the show as you know our Walking Dead yearly giveaways are pretty stellar. The image at the top of this article shows everything that’s included.
For those that may not remember, our first year winner got a call from none other than Shane himself. Now on to what one lucky winner will be getting:
- The Walking Dead ‘Zombie Burst’ Guitar: Limited Edition The Walking Dead guitar featuring exclusive series artwork and custom ‘Don’t Open Dead Inside’ mother-of-pearl inlays. This deadly guitar is built with mahogany, has a set mahogany neck and full, body, neck and headstock binding. Laced with high-output, dual-coil humbucking ASG Arsenal pickups, this apocalyptic ax is ready to shred the heaviest tones;
- Blood Splatter Daryl Dixon Wings Messenger Bag: Carry your apocalypse survival essentials in this AMC officially licensed 12” x 15.5” x 5” messenger bag featuring Daryl Dixon’s signature angel wings on the front flap with an exclusive, custom zombie blood splatter print! The inner padded pocket fits up to a 15” laptop or crossbow, while the under-flap pockets provide extra storage for your food rations or favorite machete. Side grommets allow for carabineers to attach any additional hunting or tracking materials you may need. Your beverage ration can be positioned in the laced side pocket water bottle holder with internal mesh. And the padded shoulder strap, featuring a camouflage print, adds comfort while on the run…or while committing zombiecide;
- Michonne Katana Sling Bag: Ready to slay? Bring Michonne’s fierce style home with this AMC officially licensed 16” x 14” x 7” sling bag, which can be worn like a backpack. From head (the gathered side panel resembles her headband) to toe (the pyramid studs are similar to her boots) to sidearm (the faux leather patch is reminiscent of her sword), you’ll kick ass with this weapon of choice. The padded shoulder strap, inspired by the handle of Michonne’s katana sword, brings added comfort for on the go or for hunting The Walking Dead;
- Walking Dead Zombie Sunset T-Shirt and Season 1-4 on Blu-Ray;
- The Walking Dead Best Defense Board Game: The Best Defense is a cooperative board game in which players take on the roles of Rick, Glenn, Daryl, Michonne and other characters. The Survivors must defend four key locations from Walkers – the Farm, the Prison, the Town and the Highway – in order to stay alive. The game board is assembled at random for each game, providing for variability in the locations; a 25-card resource deck – containing either Equipment, Allies, Food or Ammunition – is placed at random on one of the locations. Walkers and other calamities are triggered in different locations by a 48-card event deck (every card is unique.), which players draw from each round. They must then figure out how to minimize the effects of these events, using dice to resolve combat and determine the outcome of some events. Survivors can work together to combine their combat abilities or split up to cover more ground. If the Survivors don’t clear the Walkers out of a location, they’ll lose resources – and if any resource deck runs out, the players lose the game. Thus, players need to keep the Walkers at bay while not using up too many resources themselves. Unlike most cooperative games, The Walking Dead Board Game: The Best Defense includes a leadership role that player can take for one or more rounds – or even the entire game, if others allow him to do so. Each player character has a unique leadership ability that provides a bonus while that character is in charge.
- Special Surprise: 2 of these items are autographed, but we’ll let the winner be surprised when they get it!
HOW TO ENTER:
We keep it really simple for you and won’t make you jump through hoops. Just RT the Tweet below or ‘Like’ our Instagram shot of the prize pack below also. See, we even put the tweet right there so you just push a button for your shot. We’ don’t expect you all to do anything more than we would do, and we’re a lazy lot!
Since it’s a pretty sweet and big giveaway, the deadline is August 31, 2015.
— Movie TV Tech Geeks (@movietvtechgeek) August 23, 2015
Here’s all the extras you’ll get on the Season 5 Blu-ray™ + Digital HD and DVD set:
- Audio commentaries featuring Showrunner/Executive Producer/Writer Scott M. Gimple, Executive Producer Gale Anne Hurd, Executive Producer Tom Luse, Executive Producer/Special Effects Make-Up Supervisor /Director Greg Nicotero, Director Julius Ramsay; Actors Lauren Cohan, Chad L. Coleman, Michael Cudlitz, Sonequa Martin-Green, Danai Gurira, Alana Masterson, Melissa McBride, Josh McDermitt, Norman Reedus, Christian Serratos and Steven Yuen.
- Deleted Scenes
- Inside “The Walking Dead”
- The Making of “The Walking Dead”
- The Making of Alexandria
- Beth’s Journey
- Bob’s Journey
- Noah’s Journey
- Tyreese’s Journey
- A Day in the Life of Michael Cudlitz
- A Day in the Life of Josh McDermitt
- Rotters in the Flesh
Five years ago, a man awoke from a coma in a hospital. For sheriff’s deputy Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln), what should have been a cause of celebration became the flash point for five years of unceasing horror, unrelenting personal sacrifice…and one of the most popular TV shows ever broadcast. On August 25th, Anchor Bay Entertainment gives home entertainment fans their annual Walker fix with THE WALKING DEAD: THE COMPLETE FIFTH SEASON Blu-ray™ + Digital HD and DVD releases. Each 5-disc set presents all sixteen gripping episodes from the series that has single-handedly redefined the zombie genre. True to the tradition of the previously released seasons, THE WALKING DEAD: THE COMPLETE FIFTH SEASON arrives jam-packed with three hours of insightful and provocative bonus features that give viewers yet another inside glimpse into creating the fallen world of the Walkers and the souls brave – and crazy – enough to attempt survival.
Fans can also look forward to THE WALKING DEAD: THE COMPLETE FIFTH SEASON Limited Edition. Once again, legendary collectibles creator McFarlane Toys has created another must-have unique package for the Blu-ray™ + Digital HD discs. Artwork and release date will be announced shortly.
Based on the comic book series written by Robert Kirkman and published by Image Comics, AMC’s “The Walking Dead” continues to grow in global popularity and audience viewership. The fifth season also saw the introduction of such notable characters from the graphic novel as Father Gabriel Stokes (Seth Gilliam) and the cannibalistic Hunters.
THE WALKING DEAD: THE COMPLETE FIFTH SEASON cast also includes Norman Reedus, Steven Yeun, Lauren Cohan, Danai Gurira, Chandler Riggs, Melissa McBride, Chad L. Coleman, Sonequa Martin-Green, Lawrence Gilliard, Jr., Michael Cudlitz, Emily Kinney, Alanna Masterson, Christian Serratos, Josh McDermitt and Andrew J. West.