If you survived an intense Black Friday holiday weekend, you can now jump right back into the fray with 2017 Cyber Monday being here with all the best deals live now including those 4k HDTV’s you’ve been yearning for all year.
We have already broken down the best Amazon, and Target Cyber Monday sales and did a comparison for Amazon Vs Walmart. Now that all the deals are in it’s time to run them head-to-head to pick out the true Winning Buys and warn you away from the sales and deal items you should avoid.
This is our breakdown of Cyber Monday 2017’s biggest winners and losers when it comes to deals. The competition was very tough this year making you, the shopper, the biggest winner of the holiday season.
If you’re a hardcore Amazon fan, then I would highly suggest bookmarking this link right here as it’s Amazon’s official Cyber Monday main page so you can keep up with when they begin. You know they love those “Upcoming Deals” things to keep us coming back all day. This link will save you the time.
You can get all of our 2017 Holiday Gift Guides right here as they will continue to grow and gather speed as the holidays are fast approaching. We’ve broken them up by category this year to make it even easier to find that perfect gift for everyone on your list and that special gift you’ve earned after the year we’ve had!
For that gamer in your life, we’ve pulled together our Gamer store so you can find the must have games and game consoles right here.
Note: you can find our dedicated Cyber Monday 2017 holiday sales store guides here: Amazon (guide), Target (guide) and our Top 20 Best Black Friday Deals still happening (guide) You can also easily price check the most popular Cyber Monday 2017 deals against the top Black Friday sales by using our 25 Best Black Friday Deals guide.
This section is where you would best be served buying from as it represents the absolute best 2017 Cyber Monday deals to give you the most bang for your holiday buck. In short: this is the one you should buy. Deals are grouped by store and are live at each product link.
- Amazon– All-New Amazon Echo Plus for $119.99 (save $30) – product link – A great deal on a very popular product that is making its debut this holiday season.
- Amazon – Amazon All-New Echo for $79.99 (save $20) – product link– We rated this a winning buy for Black Friday and they kept it at the same price for Cyber Monday. For comparison, the original Echo sold on Prime Day 2017 for $10 more.
- Amazon– Amazon Echo Dot for $29.99 (save $20) – product link – This is the lowest price ever for the Amazon Echo Dot and is the same price the device was for Black Friday 2017. An easy Winning Buy for Amazon’s Cyber Monday.
- Amazon – Amazon Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote for $24.99 (save $15) – product link– This matches the lowest price ever for this bundle which occurred on Black Friday.
- Amazon– Free Amazon Prime Membership Trial – sign-up link – Amazon’s fast free shipping at any price requires you to have an Amazon Prime Day membership. The good news is it comes with a 30-day trial free trial so you can do all your shopping then cancel it without a penalty. Given that it unlocks so much and costs nothing, Amazon Prime membership is not only a Winning Buy but an essential one for holiday sales shopping. We originally signed up for this deal last year and have kept it realizing how much money it really does save us.
- Best Buy– Save $300 or $350 on Galaxy Note 8, Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus when you buy and activate with a monthly installment plan for select plans – product link – It’s been a bit frustrating as Best Buy keeps changing this deal. Both Cyber Monday and Black Friday ads said $300, but the Best Buy website states $350. Even at $300, this is a Winning Buy because rivals are only offering a similar amount in vouchers. Note: right now the deal is limited to Verizon but may well open up to other carriers on Cyber Monday.
- Microsoft Store– Xbox One S 500GB Console + Free Game and 1-Month Game Pass for $189 (save $60) – product link – The top confirmed Xbox One S deal for Cyber Monday. While other stores are selling the Xbox One S 500GB Console for $189, Microsoft Store includes a Free Game and 1-Month Game Pass.
- Sam’s Club– Samsung 43-inch 4K UHD TV with Xbox One S 500GB Console Bundle for $499 (save $250) – product link – A highly rated Samsung 43-inch 4K TV with an Xbox One S 500GB Console Bundle for $499 is a great deal, there’s nothing not to love here.
- Samsung.com – Save up to $400 with an eligible smartphone trade-in when you buy a Galaxy S8 or Galaxy Note 8 – product link– This was the best Black Friday 2017 trade-in offer, and it remains so for Cyber.
- Target – 15% off sitewide beginning early morning November 27th – shop link- The top Cyber Monday 2017 deal of the year because this is site wide and electronics are included. Note you do not need to apply any coupon code to get this offer.
- Target – Save an additional 5%with the Target REDcard – sign-up link- Yes, you can combine this offer with the 15% off deal (and apply it to many of the already discounted products) to result in massive savings. It is so straightforward (not a voucher in sight) that this makes it our favorite Cyber Monday store card offer.
- Walmart– Google Home Mini + $25 Shopping Offer for $29 (save $20) – product link – This was easily the best Black Friday sale on the Google Home Mini. With the deal coming back for Cyber Monday 2017, it has to be a Winning Buy.
- Walmart– Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy S7 for $299 (save $200) – product link. With most smartphone deals only offering gift card kickbacks, this is an incredible price on what remains an extremely good smartphone.
- Walmart– RCA 55-inch 4K Roku Smart HDR LED TV for $379 (save $420) – product link – The model number is not specifically listed in Walmart’s press release, but I believe the price point for this TV was $429.99 on Black Friday, so the Cyber Monday price is even better.
Cyber Monday TV tip: make sure to always check the specific TV model when retailers release their deals, especially Amazon as they often hide this until the last minute. Remember even the best manufacturers have weak models in their line-up so do your research before buying. Not all 4K TVs are made the same!
Worth Your While Deals
The Worth Your While section represents a high-quality discount which you should strongly consider. As above, all deals are/will go live at each product link:
- Amazon– Amazon Fire HD 8 for $49.99 (save $30) – product link – A price match with Amazon Prime Day 2017 and Black Friday 2017, it’s nothing new, but it’s still a strong price on a popular product.
- Amazon– Amazon Fire 7 Kids Edition for $69.99 (save $30) – product link – As above, a familiar price but a further $5 less than the cheapest holiday sales price last year.
- Amazon– Amazon Kindle Paperwhite for $89.99 (save $30) – product link – Another price match, but $10 cheaper than at any point last year.
- Amazon– Amazon Kindle for $49.99 (save $30) – product link – Amazon’s most consistent deal, it has been this price on every sales day back to and including Black Friday 2016 but it keeps being repeated for a reason. This is a solid deal.
- Amazon –Amazon Tap for $79.99 (save $50) – product link – This has been Amazon’s go-to sales price for the Tap in 2017, but it remains popular and is a $10 reduction on the holiday sales period last year.
- Best Buy– Sharp 43-inch Class LED 2160p Smart 4K Ultra HD TV Roku TV for $299.99 (save $130) – product link – Not be the cheapest 43-inch 4K TV, but the quality is much higher than most other models in this price range.
- Best Buy – Sony Handycam CX405 Flash Memory Camcorder +$20 Gift Card for $179.99 (save $50) – product link – Not the newest product but I really like the combination of brand, price, and free gift card.
- Kohl’s – Google Home for $79.99 (save $50) – product link – Other stores had this deal with an included gift card on Black Friday, but there seems to be less offers for Cyber Monday. Either way, this is a nice deal. Unfortunately, no Kohl’s coupons apply to this offer.
- Target – Samsung 50MU6300 Smart UHD TV for $479.99 (save $370) – product link– This has been a very well-reviewed TV with a very solid discount.
- Sam’s Club– HP Pavilion X360 2-in-1 Touchscreen Convertible Full HD IPS 15.6-inch Notebook for $679 (save $320) – product link – Solid laptop for a decent price. Cheaper options do exist, but I like this model and its flexibility.
- Walmart– Sony PlayStation 4 1TB Slim Gaming System for $199 (save $100) – product link– This was the average price on Black Friday but it sold out everywhere. With Walmart promising new stock tomorrow for Cyber Monday, this becomes a solid deal for what is clearly an in-demand offer.
- Walmart –Sony PlayStation 4 Pro 1TB Gaming Console in Black for $349 (save $50) – product link – Once again this is a familiar sales price over the holiday season, but Walmart is $1 cheaper than the competition so why not save a dollar.
- Walmart – Microsoft Xbox One S for $189 (save $90) – product link– This is Walmart’s Black Friday 2017 pricing, but it is a sought-after item and expect additional stock for Cyber Monday.
- Walmart – Samsung 58-inch 4K Smart LED HDTV for $598 (save $200) – product link– This is the same price Walmart had on Black Friday, and I expect the model to once again be the UN58MU6070. Solid deal.
- Walmart – Bose QuietComfort Noise-cancelling Headphones for $179 (save $100) – product link- Very popular and well-reviewed headphones which retain its Black Friday price and make for a solid Cyber Monday deal. Amazon has it for the exact same price – product link
Treat With Caution
While both Black Friday and Cyber Monday are famous for their big sales, they are also equally famous for dodgy deals, misleading savings and firesales on bad products you should avoid. So unless you have a very good reason to want one of the products listed below, you should stay away from them.
- Cheap Amazon HDTVs – As we compared in our Amazon Vs Walmart Cyber Monday article, Amazon notoriously loves to announce those cheap HDTV deals without specifying brand and/or model. While these deals may be good, it would be wise to treat them with caution and do your research once they are revealed. It can be frustrating for shoppers as those deals often sell out even before the actualy Cyber Monday time period begins. Amazon’s press release lists: “40-inch 1080p smart TV” for $179.99 (our best guess), “TCL 43-inch 1080p smart TV” for $239.99 (our best guess), “TCL 49-inch 1080p smart TV” for $279.99 (our best guess).
- Amazon– Amazon Cloud Cam for $99.99 (save $20) – product link – As we warned before, this is a good price but reviews are bad so I’d strongly suggest you wait for the next generation model.
- Kohl’s – Extra 20% off with coupon code: BUYNOW20 – shop link– An extra 20% off sounds like a great deal, but it is not valid for premium electronics. It is still worth pursuing, but I recommend being mindful if it is accepted for your particular purchase and factor this potential disappointment into the price.
- Kohl’s –$10 off $50 with code MONDAY – shop link – Similar to what I said above, a saving of $10 off an order of $50 sounds like a great deal, but it says it is not valid for premium electronics. This could result in a nasty surprise when you checkout.
- Walmart – RCA Cambrio 10.1-inch 2-in-1 32GB Tablet with Windows 10 (includes keyboard) for $99.98 (save $8) – product link– A very low price but only a saving of $8 and reviews are bad, there are better deals here and even if you just want the Windows 10 licence, these days a Windows 10 license is restricted to the product it is installed on.
2017 Black Friday was easily the biggest Black Friday in recorded history, and Cyber Monday 2017 is already looking like it will break all previous Cyber Monday totals as well. As this holiday season continues on, you’ll find more stores just merging Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales together. The bad news is deals often repeat, but the good news is Cyber Monday offers are rarely worse than their Black Friday equivalents (and often include a new discount/gift card), and their stock is replenished if you missed out the first time.
Plus, many longtime shoppers know, sometimes even better deals crop up the closer we get to Christmas. That’s part of the deals game we have to play and knowing when the right time to jump is what keeps us on our toes.
Cyber Monday Winners and Losers
There has been quite a noticeable shift from Black Friday to Cyber Monday with deals. While Kohl’s incredible Kohl’s Cash deals saw it win out against bigger rivals, it’s a much different story for Cyber Monday.
Amazon clearly is the big winner with Walmart a close second. Target meanwhile has the best site-wide discounts, especially in combination with its REDcard.
You can find a selection of our Cyber Monday 2017 coverage below, and if you want to be notified by breaking deals as they happen, follow us on Twitter or Facebook so you know right as they happen or just keep coming back here or bookmark our Black Friday, Cyber Monday section. We’ll keep updating through the day with the latest deals and any changes you should be aware of.